Monday, September 6, 2010

Almost a month later...

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth...I'm still here. :) I have been super busy lately and just haven't had time to blog. These past few weeks have gone by sooo fast! But, hey - I'm not complaining! Haha!

What have I been up to lately? Let's see, I've wrote a 4 page research paper and currently working on my second one, read my summer reading book, worked on projects, recited a poem in Spanish, studied my tail off for my college history class...yeah, school has pretty much consumed me latley. :/

Also, I've been to the orthodontist about 500 times since I last blogged because my retainer wants to be a problem! I already have had to get a new top one made...not because I lost or broke mine, but because my teeth have been difficult to work with from Day 1, and they won't give up now. Ha! I'm going again Wednesday afternoon to pick up my 3rd top retainer.

I have to say that school was going pretty good until August 24 when everything changed in a matter of seconds. I found out on that Tuesday night that two guys - Jordan and John - who were in my junior class had been killed in a wreck involving a log truck about 3 minutes from my house that afternoon. (It was also Jordan's 17th birthday.) Although I was not very close to either one of them, this has been one of the hardest things for me to deal with. It has been emotionally draining for us all. I think our Junior class has become stronger, though, and I hope that this tragic event has changed us for the better. This past week was much easier and things are starting to get back to normal.

Well, the fall schedule has officially arrived. I can't believe it's already September!! Haven't seen too many pool days lately, and I've only seen very few shopping days. Football has started and it's already Labor Day. Man...where has 2010 gone?!

Ollie is also a big boy now. We've had him for 2 months already!!


Looks a little chubby, doesn't he?!
Hope you are all doing wonderful! Happy Labor Day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment